It’s clear you have a vested interest in maintaining your property. Although you hope your tenants will treat your property with care, the fact is that every family is different. That’s why it’s imperative for you to conduct periodic property inspections. Working with the right property management company, San Antonio landlords agree, can be a valuable asset that saves you time, money and headache. Here are:
Five reasons to conduct regular inspections of your rental:
- Ensures Tenants are Uploading the Lease Agreement. Does your tenant have an unauthorized pet in the unit? Are there people living at the property that were not included in the lease? Is the property clear of junk and debris that might violate city codes? Using a property management company, San Antonio landlords have found, can mediate any potential lease violations.
- Reassures Tenants that You are Meeting Their Needs. Given ample notice before they happen, inspections communicate to tenants that you care about their well-being and are interested in upholding your end of the rental agreement. Tenants will appreciate your efforts and may even be encouraged to keep up the property as well.
- Prevents Serious Problems Over Time. Some problems with your properties emerge over time. Maintenance inspections can remind renters to ask questions about issues like a small leak or an unreliable appliance. Having these problems addressed can prevent those problems from becoming severe and costly.
- Gives Owners Insight into Tenant Habits. While you strive to find the most reliable renters, sometimes you discover troubling habits or illegal activity are present on your property. Habits like hoarding or illegal businesses may not be obvious from the outside of the property but could be causing thousands of dollars in damage and fines if not addressed. Make sure that this is not the case for your rental property by scheduling regular inspections.
- Facilitates Opportunities for Tenant/Owner Communication. Relying on a trusted rental property management company, San Antonio landlords find, helps facilitate open communication between owners and tenants while avoiding awkward or difficult interactions. Being clear and consistent with expectations can prevent problems from occurring and ensure a fruitful relationship.
Please remember to abide by all local laws when scheduling and conducting property inspections. Giving tenants at least 24 hours’ notice while detailing the length, purpose, and timing of the visit is considered good business practice.
Call Specialized Property Management today to see how they can help with all your property management needs.